I need to build a strong team beneath me AND get more productive at work
FREE Guides and plans from the Career Kitbag to help you manage others and your time more effectively
The FREE Career Kitbag includes:
- Over 5 step-by-step, easy-to-understand guides to help you manage yourself and others.
- 17 confidence boosters
- 3 self-assessment tools, including a self-assessment to see if you are 'Partnership Potential'
- Weekly planners and 'to-do' tools
- How to make the most of your relationship with your mentor
- How to successfully navigate your firm's politics
- How to run a successful team day
I’ve only gone through a small portion of the material so far and it’s spot on.
I know that the site will be useful.
I like your book and the online resources. You answered several questions in your online resources that I did not realize I had.
How to make partner and still have a life
The burning question on every ambitious fee-earner's lips is: 'how do I make partner at this firm?'
This book is your route map to making it to the top in a professional services firm.
It shows you how to stand out, be in the right place at the right time and build your kitbag of skills to overcome the many hurdles and reach the Holy Grail of becoming partner.
LOOKING TO MAKE PARTNER IN 2018, 2019 or 2020?
Our 'Poised for Partnership' 6-month programme will be your secret weapon to successfully navigate the murky waters which lie ahead for you, as you take the final step up to partner. By joining this programme and then taking action:
- You’ll learn how to build and pitch such a compelling Business Case and Personal Case that your firm has to admit you to the partnership.
- The Partnership Panel Interview and pitching your Business Case will hold no fear for you.
- You will know exactly what you need to say, demonstrate and prove to your partners to earn the right to join their exclusive club, and have Partner on your business card.
The 'Poised For Partnership' Programme will give you the structure, clarity and focus to successfully make it to partner. Of course, no-one can guarantee that you will make partner in a certain timescale, but this programme will put you back in control of your career. It will give you the confidence that you are doing all the right things to make partner at the right time for you.
This manageable 6-month programme really is a way to fast-track yourself to partner. It is based upon the methodology contained in Heather Townsend's award-winning and best-selling books, 'Poised for partnership', 'How to make partner and still have a life', 'The Go-To Expert' and 'The FT Guide To Business Networking'.
Any one who applies for the programme will receive a complimentary soft copy of Heather's 'Poised for partnership' book. (Worth £10)
Find out more...
Thank you very much indeed for your significant help and support – as a result of your guidance I felt incredibly confident in submitting my business plan and then giving my presentation and interview. In the days after the presentation and interview I had some very positive feedback from the partners who interviewed me, saying that my performance was “outstanding” and that my presentation was “very slick and professional” – I doubt it would have been without your advice and guidance. I gained so much confidence from working with you and I am extremely grateful.
Before I started working with Heather I was well-respected and seen as a ‘safe pair of hands’ but struggling to build my practice. Heather’s input and guidance was instrumental in helping me grow my profile both internally and externally, and maximise the opportunities to sell myself in my business case for partner. As a result of working with Heather I made partner 18 months later and have almost doubled my client portfolio.
Tips, articles and best-practice advice to increase your productivity at work
Click on this link to go to over 100 FREE articles to help you:
- Build your confidence
- Stop procrastinating
- Minimise distractions
- Reduce your stress levels and avoid burnout
Tips, articles and best-practice advice on building a team
Click in this link to go to over 25 FREE articles to help you lead, develop and manage a high performing team.
The articles include advice on:
- How to deal with a low performer
- How to delegate effectively
- How to run an effective team away day