Free Webinar: How to stand out from your peers so you get on partner track
19 Oct 2016 12:00 and 18:00 UK time
Making partner in any firm is a competition. You need to be able to stand out from your peers in such a way that your partner’s can’t help but want you as a partner in your firm. In this webinar we will be showing you how other accountants, lawyers and consultants have successfully transformed their career from being seen as a “safe pair of hands” to rapidly making it to partner.
On the webinar you will learn:
- The 2 myths you need to stop believing if you are going to stand out from your peers and be noticed positively by your partners
- The biggest trap you must NOT fall into when talking with your partners about your path to partnership
- How to get your partners to put you in the pipeline for partnership without coming across as arrogant or over-confident
- How to use sponsors and mentors to further your career without you having to lift a finger
- How to tell your partners you want to go for partner so that they take you and your future career development seriously
Thank you very much for your seminar this evening. I found it very informative and a great reminder of the need to work as hard at developing a business as you do at completing the day-to-day client work.
Thanks so much for the webinar last night – I really appreciated your insights and practical approach.
Many thanks for this evenings webinar. Quite a few interesting perspectives and the Q&A session was particularly helpful.
Thanks so much for putting the Webinar together – incredibly useful in terms of focusing one’s mind!
Your Webinar Hosts
Heather Townsend is the leading global expert on exactly what it takes to make partner and when you get to partner, stay there. She is the author of ‘Poised for partnership’ and co-author of ‘How to make partner and still have a life’. In 2015 the ICAEW decided Heather was the number one in-line influencer for the accountancy profession. Over the past 12 months she has helped her clients add over £1 million in fees to their client portfolio.
John heads up JA Consulting and focuses on helping directors and senior associates make it through to partner. In the last 30 years he has helped those in professional services firms win and keep more business. That’s been with all of the big 4 accountancy firms, and many of the medium sized firms, a large number of law firms as well as consultancies selling things like IT services and technical consultancy. Over the years John and his team have had many successes the most significant was helping a unit in a big 4 firm grow their top line by £40M over 18 months.