I need to get through the partnership admissions process this time around
FREE Guide to creating your business case for partnership
It doesn’t matter how informal or formal your firm’s partner track process is, you will be required to build a business case for partnership.
This guide takes you through how to do this in a step-by-step format.
- Includes extracts from real successful business cases for partnership.
- An easy-to-understand, step-by-step guide written for accountants, consultants, lawyers and engineers on partnership track
- Use this guide to help you articulate and create a persuasive business case for partnership
This is our most downloaded resource from the Career Kitbag.
FREE Professionally designed Powerpoint Template to create your 1-page Talksheet
Use this Talk sheet template to do the following:
- As a handout when pitching your Business Case in your Partner Panel Interview
- Talk stakeholders through your Business Case
- Crystallise down your Business Case into just the absolute essentials
Request access to our FREE Career Kitbag to help you take the final step up to partnership.
Included in the Career Kitbag are 40+ free guides, ebooks, plans, templates which include:
- Guide to create a business case for partnership
- Guide to doing your due diligence
- Marketing plan template
- Guide to designing and delivering presentations
Poised for Partnership: How successfully move from senior associate and senior manager to partner by building a cast-iron personal and business case to make partner in any firm
Making the transition from senior employee to partner in a professional services firm is the hardest career move you will ever make. This book explains how others did it and how you can too. If you buy this book you’ll learn:
- Tried and tested strategies to successfully make it through partner track and the partnership admissions process to partner
- How to create a cast-iron Business Case and Personal Case for partnership, even if you don’t have any previous experience of selling services
- How to pace yourself so you don’t get burnt out on the gruelling final steps to partnership
- How to find enough time to start to consistently win your own work, even if your billable time targets are sky high.
LOOKING TO MAKE PARTNER IN 2018, 2019 or 2020?
Our ‘Poised for Partnership’ 6-month programme will be your secret weapon to successfully navigate the murky waters which lie ahead for you, as you take the final step up to partner. By joining this programme and then taking action:
- You’ll learn how to build and pitch such a compelling Business Case and Personal Case that your firm has to admit you to the partnership.
- The Partnership Panel Interview and pitching your Business Case will hold no fear for you.
- You will know exactly what you need to say, demonstrate and prove to your partners to earn the right to join their exclusive club, and have Partner on your business card.
The ‘Poised For Partnership’ Programme will give you the structure, clarity and focus to successfully make it to partner. Of course, no-one can guarantee that you will make partner in a certain timescale, but this programme will put you back in control of your career. It will give you the confidence that you are doing all the right things to make partner at the right time for you.
This manageable 6-month programme really is a way to fast-track yourself to partner. It is based upon the methodology contained in Heather Townsend’s award-winning and best-selling books, ‘Poised for partnership’, ‘How to make partner and still have a life’, ‘The Go-To Expert’ and ‘The FT Guide To Business Networking’.
Any one who applies for the programme will receive a complimentary soft copy of Heather’s ‘Poised for partnership’ book. (Worth £10)
“I would recommend the Poised for partnership programme for anyone from a large or international accountancy, consultancy or law firm who is 0-24 months off making partner. I felt supported at each stage of my partner track process. From the critique of my business case and help to rework it, through to the 1:2:1 support to get my presentation designed and ready for my multiple partnership panel interviews. I found the personalised advice on how to cope with nerves and overwhelm invaluable.
The virtual masterclasses were really good. When you put the stuff you learnt on the masterclasses together with the coaching it made it all very real.
It wasn’t just the big things, it was the little things which made the programme really valuable for me. My coach kept me sane through the process and helped me prioritise the many demands on my time.
I felt really supported as I was able to email my coach throughout the process with questions. Of course, you often know what to do, but it is so helpful to get a calming influence telling you what to do and that you are on the right track.
As a result of the programme the feedback I got from my firm at each stage of the process was that I was an outstanding candidate.
And yes, I did get through at the first time of asking. I was one of only 2 partners which were made up across the whole of our global firm”
This article is a summary of pretty much all the articles, well 12 to be precise, that I have ever written about building your business case for partnership. Your business case is built in 3 stages. The 1st stage is creating a commercial case for you to join the partnership and the other partners to share the profit of the firm with you. The 2nd stage is to write down and articulate this commercial case. The last and final stage is then to pitch your business case to your partnership. Go to the article
You can be the best person on paper to make partner. You may tick all the boxes and have completed the forms immaculately. However, if your partners don’t have an emotional connection to you and want you as a member of their very private and exclusive club, then you will suffer the gut-wrenching feeling of getting knocked back for partner. This article explores how you can become a member of the club, i.e. the best way to build that emotional connection with your partners. Go to the article