You don’t need to tell me that the commitment to go for partner whilst still having a life outside of work, is a very serious intent – and at times will be all-consuming. This isn’t something you can achieve in isolation by yourself. This is why you need a support team. They will be at your side throughout your journey to get to partner. For example, they:
- Allow you to see the wood for the trees
- Buck you up when your commitment and motivation to achieve your career and life goals takes a dip
- Help you celebrate your successes
- Commiserate with you when you hit bumps in the road.
- Provide contingency plans for your life in and out of work
Your support team are not just there for the good times, but also the bad. However, whatever time you are going through, you need to invest in the relationships with your team to make sure that they are there for you. (And you for them!) You may like to write and implement relationship plans for each of the members of your support team. In tomorrow’s blog post we look at who should be in your support team. What do you use your support team for?